The Applied Ministry Certificate is our flagship program. It is designed to equip each student to graduate with the skill, knowledge, and tools they need to become a Christian leader and minister in today’s world. If your goal is to be equipped with a solid knowledge of the Word of God and be trained for ministry with practical experience, our Applied Ministry Certificate is for you.
In order to apply for this program, you must first complete the A.A.S. Degree Program. In the Applied Ministry Certificate program, you’ll build on that foundation with practical, hands-on training and courses focusing on a specific concentration in Ministry, Worship, Missions, or Youth Ministry. This is a non-credit certificate program.
Some courses may transfer into this program. Click here for more information.
- Ministry » Our Ministry concentration encompasses a variety of ministries, incorporating courses from worship leadership, youth ministry, missions, college leadership, public speaking and ethics. It’s designed to give you a well-rounded education in how ministry works and how various types of ministries can be successfully organized and run.
- Missions » Our Missions concentration is centered on training you to boldly take the Gospel to the nations, through practical experiences and courses in cultures & customs, missionary life and world religions. Missions has always been the vision and heart of Elim Bible Institute & College, and our goal today is still to see end-time workers prepared and sent out to spread the Gospel to the darkest places of the world.
- Worship Leadership » For prospective worship leaders and musicians, this concentration offers training in worship leadership through courses such as Worship Leadership, Worship and Cultural Expression, and Music Theory. You’ll also gain practical training in worship leading and song arrangement from some of the most gifted songwriters and musicians in the Northeast. Add in required ministry experiences and you’ll leave equipped to use your musical gifts for God’s glory.
- Youth Ministry » This concentration is designed to prepare the student for youth ministry, and includes specialized courses such as Youth Ministry I and II, and Pedagogy & Camp Leadership. You will also get hands-on experience by participating in and helping to organize and run several youth conferences attended by thousands of young people.
- Electives Courses » Each concentration offers electives, from which the student will select. These can cross over concentration specializations. Refer to the Academic Catalog for available electives.