Work Study

Work Study 2017-01-20T09:48:26+00:00

Interested in Work Study?

We offer on-campus jobs as part of our financial aid packages. If you’re interested in working on-campus you must first submit a FAFSA (International Financial Need Questionnaire for international students). Once our Financial Aid Committee reviews your financial situation, we will notify you if you’ve been awarded a Work Study position. 

Awarded Work Study

If you have been awarded Work Study as part of your Financial Aid package, we will need several documents from you before you can start working on-campus. All forms must be submitted by August 1 (Mid-term students, forms must be submitted by December 1.)

1. Work Study Placement Form

The Work Study Placement Form (below) will help us identify who you are, where you are from, and what past work experience you have. 

Work Study Placement Form

2. Required Tax and Employment Forms

The following tax and employment forms must be completed and submitted to the Director of Administration. 

These forms can be mailed to:

Elim Bible Institute and College
ATTN: Chris Lampson
7245 College St.
Lima, NY 14485

Or the forms can be emailed to

*For the Federal I-9, you are required to show documents to the school as proof of your eligibility to work.  Typically, these documents are either a US Passport, or two proofs such as a Drivers’ License/ID and Birth Certificate, or Drivers’ License and Social Security Card.^ Students are not eligible for work study until the documents have been presented.
^Please view the form’s instructions for the entire list of the types of documents you can submit. 


 3. International Students

If you are not a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, or do not have a work visa, you will need to obtain a U.S. Social Security Number in order to work. If you are arriving in the United States with an F-1 student visa, you can obtain permission to work on-campus, but there are several steps you will need to take. We strongly recommend that you obtain your Social Security number prior to arriving at Elim if possible; however, we realize this is not always possible for students arriving in the country near the start of the semester.

You may read International Students and Social Security Numbers for more information about the process.

Below is a summary of the things you will need to bring with you to a US Social Security Office in order to apply for a Social Security number:

  • You will need to take your application to a Social Security office, along with original documents proving your:
    • Immigration Status: You must show your current U.S. immigration document, I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, issued when you arrived in the United States.
    • Work Eligibility: We will provide you with a letter from Elim Bible Institute and College which confirms your student status, states your job, pay rate, and number of hours per week you are assigned to work.
    • Age: Your original birth certificate. If this is not available, they will consider other documents such as a passport.
    • Identity: Your I-94 along with your passport will prove your identity.
  • In addition, you will also need to bring your I-20Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. This document is issued to you by Elim Bible Institute and College when you arrive at school. Make sure to keep this document in your possession.

If you are an international student who has been awarded an on-campus work study position, it is important that you contact us at as soon as possible to begin this process.