Due to the shutdown of all schools beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Elim Bible Institute and College (EBIC) had to close its doors for the remainder of the semester. Students have returned to their homes. Accommodations were made for international students and other students in need upon approval.
What does this look like for EBIC?
- Beginning Thursday, March 19th, 2020, all face-to-face classes have been moved to virtual classrooms for the remainder of the semester.
- All events scheduled have been canceled until further notice.
- EBIC will hold a virtual chapel every Tuesday at 11 am. All are invited to join.
- Students are required to attend this chapel.
- If you are not a student but are interested in participating in this online chapel service, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Faculty and staff continue to be available to students for help, advising, and mentoring. Office hours will be moved to virtual rooms. Students are welcome to email Faculty and/or staff and make an appointment to meet in a zoom room. Students are also welcome to call Faculty as needed.
Additional Links and Resources Regarding COVID-19:
- Experiencing stigma and discrimination because of COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19
- Steps to keep yourself healthy
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce’s web page to help the community stay informed of and prepare for the spread of coronavirus
- World Health Organization
- Coronavirus disease informational video from the World Health Organization
- New York State Department of Health hotline, data on positive cases and informational video
- Travel Advisories
Students and parents are welcome to reach out to the faculty and staff if they have any questions or would like someone to pray with them. We understand this is a difficult time, but let’s pray together and do the best we can to keep the virus from spreading.